Welcome Home: Indoor Sunday Worship - Mar. 14
Welcome Home! For over 95 years, the St. Monica Catholic Community has been blessed to glorify God in our beautiful church at the corner of California Avenue and 7th Street in Santa Monica. During times of both triumph and trial, whether lifting our voices in celebration or quietly seeking solace, St. Monica has been the house of worship in which our family of faith has gathered.
We are excited to announce that we can now invite you back inside St. Monica starting the weekend of Mar. 14! We do so with full hearts, soaring spirits, and mindful of the fact that, as Saint Paul wrote: “we, though many, are one body in Christ." To ensure the health and safety for everyone, cherished guests and the community at large, we ask that you take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following guidelines for safely taking part in the celebration of the Eucharist.
CAPACITY & SEATING RESERVATIONS
- Mass attendance is limited to a maximum of 120 people inside the Church, including the priest and liturgical ministers.
- Given the limit on attendance at each Mass, we are asking parishioners to reserve their seat(s) for the Liturgy celebration of their choice in advance of their arrival.
Reservations can be made in two ways:
1.) Online by Clicking Here
2.) Calling the Parish Office at (310) 566-1500. Assistance with making online reservations is available during regular offices hours: Monday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Those who arrive at Mass without a seat reservation will be placed in a standby line and only be seated if capacity allows. The standby line is not a guarantee that a seat will be made available.
- Wash your hands 20 seconds with soap and water and wear a face covering that covers mouth and nose.
- Arrive 20 minutes before Mass to assure time to check in:
- Entrance will be only from California Main doors, Exit will be through Duval patio doors.
- Check in will include a temperature check, and health self-assessment questions.
- Once checked in, hospitality will assist with socially distanced seating.
- Communion will be given once the final blessing has been given.
- People are kindly asked to go directly to their cars and exit the property.
- Interior of the church will be cleaned and disinfected for the next Liturgy.
- Confessions will continue to be offered daily on the Grand Patio.
- Infant baptisms will be celebrated in small groups inside the church.
- Funerals, within the size guidelines in place, may be celebrated in the church, assisted by livestream as requested.
- Weddings, within size guidelines in place, may be celebrated in the church, assisted by livestream as requested.
For questions or concerns about this information, please contact Felipe Sanchez, Director of Administration at [email protected],net or (310) 566-1502.