YMA (20s & 30s)
Contact: Delis Alejandro, or (310) 566-1530
Young Ministering Adults (YMA), the fellowship group for singles and couples in their 20s and 30s, provides spiritual, educational and social activities as well as programs that support young adults as they discover new roles in family, work, society and the Catholic Church. Join us for fellowship and fun!
A team of young adults along with a staff coordinator coordinate all activities for the ministry. Along with coordinating activities at the parish, the YMA Core Team makes it a priority to invite and welcome young adults to the community and to provide information to its leaders and participants. The ministry also seeks to improve involvement, participation, and integration of young adults at the parish and also advocates for the concerns of young adults today.
Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m.
Traditionally, vespers is a service of evening prayer in the Divine Office of the Western Christian Church. YMA Vespers is an opportunity for young adults in their 20’s and 30’s to nurture their spirituality. Every week we share prayer, scripture reading, and discussion of topics relevant to the spiritual life of Catholic young adults.
For more information, contact the Vespers Team at . Every Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
Click Here to Register for YMA Vespers!
Spring Retreat: Behold and Be Held
May 7-9 | Serra Retreat Center. Malibu | Registration: $230
Our retreat is full! To be added to the wait list, contact Delis Alejandro at .
- Social: Plans fun and welcoming on & off-site social events for young adults throughout the year.
- Special Events: Hosts special events (e.g. cocktail or beach parties) that help raise funds for YMA.
- Vespers: Creates and coordinates a weekly opportunity for young adults to nurture their spirituality in community; includes prayer, scripture, and discussions of topics relevant for Catholic young adults.
- Retreats: Creates and conducts a variety of day and weekend retreat experiences for young adults including fall and spring retreat weekends each year.
- Welcome: Welcomes new members and connects them with opportunities in the ministry and parish; coordinates Get-Acquainted Dinners and bake sales.
- Peace & Justice: Hosts peace & justice service activities for young adult volunteers; offers the chance to serve in the broader community, including helping the homeless, children, the elderly, the working poor, and the environment.
To join our ministry group, complete the form below.