St. Monica University
Advent 2017 - Small Group Faith-Sharing
Once we cross the sacramental milestones in our lives like Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Marriage—how does our faith journey continue?
St. Monica University is our platform to accomplish our goals of providing opportunities to deepen our formation and faith. We are excited to continue a four-week series of small faith-sharing groups of 8–10 people. Groups are provided with “Waiting in Joyful Hope”, a book of prayer and reflection. Each week they are guided by a moderator to journey through this beautiful season of hope, expectant joy and love.
Gift yourself with a deeper faith and meaningful conversation as together we uncover how "hope begins where hope begins."
- There are four options to fit your schedule:
Monday evenings, Wednesday evenings,
Saturday mornings and Saturday evenings.
- The same small groups will remain with each other throughout the series and meet on the same day for four weeks.
- The first week, sessions will begin 30 mins earlier to allow for introductions and orientation.
- An offering of $15 is requested to cover the cost of the booklet and other resources.
Register now or email Suzette Sornborger for more information.
The Bishops of the United States approved and published Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us: A Pastoral Plan for Adult Faith Formation in the United States, in which they affirm that adult faith formation must be seen as “the central task
in the catechetical enterprise” (No. 5)
St. Monica is committed to providing Adult Faith Formation through education, prayer and meditation. Learning, fellowship and dialogue with other adults is window for richer experiences and creating community. St. Monica University serves as the house for our education opportunities and resources. Our Small Group Faith Sharing is one of the many ways we hope to reach our goal of formation, prayer and meditation.
- “I really enjoyed the Small Faith Groups as a tool for keeping God at the center of my life”.
- “The Small Faith Groups reminded me to bring God into everything that I do”.
- “It is a wonderful opportunity to share faith and our journey with others who quest to serve God.”
- “No matter how low or spiritually empty I was before I arrived to our group, I always left feeling inspired”!
- I loved the range of ages in our group. It allowed for discussion and reflection from different perspectives. I also loved that several members joined the group by phone when they couldn’t make the meeting.”
- “Many thanks to all those involved in the Small Faith Groups at St. Monica…it is a blessings to us and may this be the beginning of a long tradition”
- “The bond that has grown in our group among the participants is the most important take away –something to keep in my heart for years to come.”
- “It was very helpful to have a group that is about faith-sharing without therapy. It was great to preview the readings of Sundays Gospels.”
Each week we'll provide questions for reflection...