Once again, St. Monica Catholic Community is participating in CRS Rice Bowl. CRS Rice Bowl is Catholic Relief Services’ Lenten faith-in-action program for families and faith communities. This Lent, our community will participate in CRS Rice Bowl, a program that invites us to reflect on the challenges of global hunger—and our Gospel call to care for our global human family. The program invites Catholics to live in solidarity with our poorest and most vulnerable brothers and sisters through the three Lenten pillars of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving.
Participants pray over what sacrifice they would like to make this Lent and use the CRS Rice Bowl to collect their Lenten alms. At the end of Lent, alms are sent to CRS to support global projects.
By joining our prayers, fasts, and alms this Lent with those of other parishes and Catholic schools in the United States, we will help millions of women, men, and children worldwide whose economic challenges have been exacerbated by the pandemic. Together as a Church, through CRS Rice Bowl, we can contribute to the efforts of those who seek to build a better world for themselves and their communities. 75% of gifts support CRS’ International humanitarian programs; the other 25% remain in each U.S. diocese.
Where Can You Find a CRS Ricebowl?
What if I am part of the Diaspora?
When Do I bring my Ricebowl back?
CRS Ricebowl Resources
CRS Rice Bowl provides many resources for daily reflection and action throughout the liturgical season.
Your sacrifices during this holy season have the power to change lives by providing enough nutritious food for families to thrive. Thank you for joining our faith community—and nearly 14,000 Catholic communities across the United States—in a life-changing Lenten journey of encounter with CRS Rice Bowl.
If you have any questions, get in touch with Delis Alejandro, Pastoral Associate, at